Price for 1,000,000 sq ft aeration

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by joe2106, Oct 18, 2006.

1. jason u

jason u LawnSite Member

30 Acres - $500, that's low for sure - not sure how you make money like that, we charge at least $100 to $150 or more per acre.

2. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

When I aerate, My minimun charge is $80 and thats for postage stamp sized properties. I usually get 160-220 per acre dependiong upon how open the property is.

3. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

$500. aerates 2-3 acres here.

4. johndeereguy

johndeereguy LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

It takes me about 7 hours to do it. I know I am a little cheep. I guess I just am not in it to rip people off. I am going to start charging more next year I know.

5. dccarling

dccarling LawnSite Member

Sounds fair to me, a little better than 71. bucks an hour for tractor work.

6. golfkingisaac

golfkingisaac LawnSite Member

1,000,000 sq ft! Thats a few bit of Aeration. I myself would charge anywhere between $2.5k-$4k, but i never get aeration jobs in one go over the size of 300,000 sq ft. I work with & on golf courses, so we know a thing or two about big!

7. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I bet your tractor burns $100 just to get all that aerated. not to mention gas for your truck just to get your tractor to the site.

I bet it would take two days to get it done.

Thats insane cheap.

8. jdgent

jdgent LawnSite Member

From what I have read here I must be high. Price, that is. I do aerations and dethatching right before Spring and get around $100 per 10K sq. ft. for aerating and $200 per 10K sq. ft. for dethatch. My contract accounts get 15% off of this figure. At my price I would get $430 an acre; although, all my aerations are 20K sq. ft. and less on manicured lawns.

9. johndeereguy

johndeereguy LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

Like I said, it is a large wide oipen area. It takes me about 6 to 7 hours to do the whole thing. I burn maybe 1 gallon of fuel an hour. so that about $15 dollers in fuel.

10. DeereHauler

DeereHauler LawnSite Senior Member

i find it hard to say who is high priced, and who is low. i think every area determines its own prices. so the best people to get advice from are local guys, in my opinion. around here 4-5000 is really high, don't get me wrong, i would love to make that much, our area just doesn't pay that much.

i would charge more if its a townhome complex, less if its wide open. good luck