1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Price for 16' X 7' trailer?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Littleriver1, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

What would expect to pay for a new 16' X 7' , 2 axle, brakes on both axles, split gate?
  2. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

who is it made by??
  3. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Around here you could get an 'economy one' for about $1800. By economy I mean angle iron construction insted of tube steel and an un-treated wood floor.
  4. lsylvain

lsylvain LawnSite Senior Member

I got mine for $2100 in 2000. 5 ton, 16 x 7 daul axle dual breaks. I did get it for very cheap. It was at a local co-op type store. I actually got it for the price of the next smaller trailer with single breaks, and even then I think I got it for next to cost. I learned later that the manager had ordered it for themself that is why all the other stuff they had was the crappy single axles with the mex floors that when you stand in the corner it bends. I'm sure he was trying to pull a fast one on the company and put it in the computer at cost and marked it as the smaller trailer. lol I can't remember who made it though, I'll have to check. The biggest problem I have had is I can't weld for crap and I need a gate for it.