Price for 1994 3/4 ton Chevy?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by KS_Grasscutter, Dec 28, 2007.

1. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

So I may have found another truck that I just "got to have" on craigslist. It is a 94 4x4 3/4 ton Chevy. Reg cab/long bed (how a real truck should be:)). If I get it, it will be getting a flatbed very soon. Anyway, do you think $3750 is out of line? I think its a dang fair price... Anyway, I guess he has a guy comming to look at it tomorrow, he's gonna call me back if the guy don't get it.

EDIT: Wouldn't that thing look AWESOME with a Boss or Sno-Way plow hangin' off the front of it?

1994 K20.2.jpg

1994 K20.jpg

2. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

that's not a 3/4 ton. look..six lugs. referred to as a heavy half ton. may have 2500 badge on it, but it is in fact a glorified half ton. don't mean to burst your bubble here, but it is what it is.

3. KS_Grasscutter

Ohh dang... didn't even notice that. Well maybe a heavy half ton would be better for what I need to do anyway? (Possibly plow next year), haul around ONE snow blower, and pull my 16' mowing trailer with 2 Z's in the summer. Will have a dumping flatbed put on there too I guess, if that makes a difference.

4. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds a little hi, also thats not a 3/4 ton. It only has 6 lugs as my 94 2500 is a 8 lug truck and I would check it over real careful as also the title too. Good luck!

5. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

someone will correct me on this, but up until the 99 model year I believe, Gm had two 2500's..one a six lug the other an eight lug with a difference in GVWR. All four wheel drive 1500's were six lug and I think you could get the six lug 2500 in two or four wheel drive.

BTW..have you referenced KBB or NADA on this truck yet to get a ballpark figure what it's worth? how many miles? I'm assuming it is a 350 with auto tranny? power anything? windows or locks?

6. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

That sounds about right. I thought it was 95 though.

I would second running it though KBB.

7. KS_Grasscutter

KBB said, assuming its got power windows and stuff, in good shape, private party value is $4200 or so.

8. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Then it might be a good price. I would think twice about adding a plow to it.

9. moose203

moose203 LawnSite Member

price sounds about right. better check into the heavy-half, pretty sure it's a different GVW

10. Gmgbo

Gmgbo LawnSite Senior Member

I believe the 6 lug 2500 is 7200gvrw and the 8 lug is 8600