price for 24d app.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by burninbill, Jul 10, 2002.

1. burninbill

burninbill LawnSite Member

I am taking my test tomorrow for pesticide spraying. I am wondering how to price different products. I know it is by the square foot but what is the mark up. Do you try to make an hourly rate, or mark up product by a certain percentage. I want to be competitive in the market but not too high. I currently get 35 to 40 dollars a man hour for mowing, but do not what to charge for fert. apps.
    Example- what would you charge for a yard that is already in decent shape to fert, for a yearly application if the yard was 5000square foot. Once again I am just trying to get a ball park for what guys charge. I realize that prices will very in different markets, I am in Kentucky.

Last question, where besides lesco should a guy shop for spraying equipment, I need everything for new guy in the business.

Jon Walker
    Cutting Edge Lawn Care
    Louisville, Ky
    email: burninbill@yahoo.com

2. lawnstudent

lawnstudent LawnSite Senior Member

Under "Pesticide & Fertilizer Application" there is an active thread titled: "Does anybody spray?" In that thread Lawngodfather does a wonderful job of providing links to spray equipment manufacturers. Happy reading. Good luck.

jim

3. Direct link click it.

http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31372

I have spent a lot of time on pricing, and have found several ways to do it.

The easiest for lawn apps was 5 times the product, and still be competitive and very very profitable.

Only thing that was to high was insect control, so to do it and still make a good deal on money off it, I applied it with one of the steps and fixed a set profitable price for just it plus the app I was there for.

If you need any help building your own sprayer give me an email.

Also I see you live in Louiville I suggest you don't miss the EXPO next week end there, most of the MFG's will have what they have to offer out for all to see.

4. lawnstudent

lawnstudent LawnSite Senior Member

Lawngodfather,

how'd you include that thread in your response?

jim

5. Before I posted I went back to the forum and copied the shortcut by right clicking my mouse.

Then I posted and pasted the link.

Or you could have veiwed it and copied what was in the go box on your browser.