Price for 7 acres

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by one man gang, Mar 3, 2006.

1. one man gang

one man gang LawnSite Fanatic
    from N. In.

I'm giving a bid for 4 baseball fields(7 acres) for cutting trimming and Fertilizing. I'm sure they'll take the lowest bid, any ideas what to charge?

2. wissel_landscaping

wissel_landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

i have one house its 5 acres cut,edge trim blow. no fert. i charge $140 a cut
    7acres with fert. i would go around $300-$350

3. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

are all the baseball fields in the same location?

4. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

What kind of equipment are you going to be using and how long do you think it will take to mow?

5. one man gang

from N. In.

Yes, they are all in the same location and I'll be using Gravley 52" hdro and belt drive 36" and I'm thinkin 2 hours. Also if anyone built a gate(easy lift) spring I'm looking to do the same and would like to know the best way to do it.
    Thanks for everyones help

6. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

2 hours to do 7 acres with a 52 and 36????

Anyway....7 acres...at least $500 a cut.

7. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i take it you wouldn't want the job.. theres no way in hell theyre gonna pay over 70 dollars an acre. its a school remember. i'd say $245 a cut.

8. one man gang

from N. In.

Well the 52 is rated at 4.5 acres and the 36 3.4 acres per hour . Thats too high but we'd do it in 2 hours no problem. It's a little league that is paying

9. Mr.Mow-It-All

Mr.Mow-It-All LawnSite Senior Member

2 hours (assuming 4 total man hours since you said a 52 and 36). It is hard to say because I could mow that 7 acres in about 1 hour and 45 min to 2 hours by myself. Then spend another hour trimming and I am under 3 hours, by myself, could charge $225 a mow and still make realy good money. Last year I mowed about an 8.5 acre no obstical piece of land and it took me right at 2 hours.

I would say about 250-260 each time. NOt sure about the fert.

10. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I mow 4 softball fields, 7-8 acres in 1.25-1.5 hours with a 60" deck. If both the 52" and the 36" are running together, then I don't know why they couldn't get them done in 2 hours, 4 man-hours.

As far as price, you'll have to figure out how much profit you want to make above the costs to do the job.