1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Price for a 22,500 sq foot job

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Green-Cuts, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Green-Cuts

Green-Cuts LawnSite Member

How much should I charge for a apartment complex that is 22,582 sq feet. It has pine trees. dog crap, chainlink fence, partial slops on some of it. ANy help would be great.

2. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

Without seeing the property it's hard to tell. If you're figuring by square footage I would charge $45. With the other problems mentioned I would consider charging $55.
  3. Green-Cuts

Would $150 be to much?
  4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Here's what I do:

Walk the whole prop and add up all the little areas. One might take 2 minutes the other 5 minutes and so on, add all this up. Once you have a total, do it again. Then, do it a third time to make sure.

Be calculating and methodical about it, be as precise as possible and you should be ok.

I have a comm prop is about 3/4 acre in actual grass but it's like 7 or 8 different size islands with a couple other strips and curbs everywhere and cig butts, too.

Takes me a solid hour, sometimes two or three per visit to set it straight. I charge them close to 600 / month and make it a point to go there at least once / week, if only to check on things but also I make sure something gets done, too.

Hope that helps.
  5. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

^I'm with the rest. Kind of hard to ask a question like this and us give you the price you should be giving, too much needed information.
  6. A1A Lawn Care

A1A Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I have a 10 acre Moose lodge property, and I get 400 per week, there a little something to go by. I have a small office building that is around your sq footage and i charge 50.
  7. Green-Cuts

What is some help full info that I can give you?

8. Green-Cuts

Hope these might help.

9. Fritz Creek Lawnboy

Fritz Creek Lawnboy LawnSite Member

All areas are different in price. For instance here for the same property because of all the edging along the walkway, and trimming along the trees I would say between 150-200 but I have never been noted for being cheap either. I have a 6 acre estate that I keep up once a week and I charge $600.00 weekly for it. The home is about 3200 sf. with about 8 kids throwing there trash all over the yard, coke cans, candy bar wrappers, juice bags. And tons of toys every where. I think you get the hint! It also has a small pond on it that takes up about 20,000 sf of the property that has to be trimmed each time. Along with two guest houses and a 40 X 60 workshop. But it could be just the area that I am in; and I was going to tell him next week that I am going up $150.00 due to gas prices and all the trash that I always have to pick up! I am not worried about loosing him as a client due to the increase because I have been keeping it up for 3 years. And also his son and mine are best friends, and he and I do a lot of fishing trips together.
  10. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

.005 X sq ft = $ (per cut)

You should charge $112.91 per cut or you can round it off to $115. This was a formula that guys used to use back in the day when pricing yards, but I dont think anybody uses it anymore.