price for a Deere 323D

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Wisentaner, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Wisentaner

Wisentaner LawnSite Member

Any one purchased or priced out a 323D with a cab and ac? Just starting to look into a new machine.

2. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

This is right down jdskidsteer's alley.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. JDSKIDSTEER

JDSKIDSTEER LawnSite Bronze Member

I have sold a few. What questions do you have? PM if you need to.

4. USA1

USA1 LawnSite Member

I have been looking at the 323 as well. I have a few questions for JDSKIDSTEER. The horse power of the 323 seems to be much lower than other competitors in its size class. Why didn't Deere make an equal to the rubber tire 326? I was told by my local dealer that Deere has turned up the horse power in the 323. But has yet to update there literature. Is there any truth to that?

5. Mr. Rain

Mr. Rain LawnSite Member

326d is a large framed 5 cyl. 323D is a mid framed 4 cyl. That said, I was told that the upgrade you're referring to is not yet available, but will be in the 75 hp range when it does come out. The Ct322 that the 323D replaced was 66hp, and I never felt underpowered in that machine, quite the contrary in fact.

6. hvy 1ton

hvy 1ton LawnSite Senior Member

66 gross. 62 net. So 2-3 hp lower than the 323D. 75hp will match up nicely with what Cat, CNH, and Bobcat are putting out. Right now the 323D has the lowest hp and smallest displacement engine. The torque numbers can't be much better. :cry: Anybody have a ranking of the new torque numbers?

7. minimax

minimax LawnSite Senior Member

I payed 41,500 for my 323D with a cab,high flow.
    minimax

8. USA1

USA1 LawnSite Member

Minimax have you been happy with the performance of your 323? How about the high flow capability? My dealer quote me $55000.00 with basically the same options. Don't know how much the price went up in one year. But I don't think I'm getting a good deal.

9. JDSKIDSTEER

Yes they have turned it up and put bigger drive motors. No updated literature yet. Not sure why they have not made one the size of a 326D yet......In my opinion they should have done that and left the 318D and 329D out all together and made a 327D. Other than lift higth the 323D will do most anything the next size competitors will do. They said they mad the 319D to compete with a TL230 and T190.....I say crap to that. The reason people stepped up to our CT322 it to lift pallets of sod and TL230 and T190 wont budge a wet pallet.

10. JDSKIDSTEER

55K sounds high....45 or 46 sounds more like it.