1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

price for a skag

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by karl klein, May 3, 2002.

1. karl klein

karl klein LawnSite Member

i was wondering what a reasonable price for a 1995 48" skag walk behind with a 17 horse motor
  2. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

Does it include any accessories? How many hours approximately?
    If it is a hydro kept in good condition i would sell it for like $1800.
    If it is a belt drive kept in good condition, i'd sell it for like $1000.
    that's just what i think. I got my 1996 Scag hydro for a steal of only $1000. Had 200 hours on it and came with catcher and Velke.
    Hey what do you say we swap engines, you take my 14 hp. and i'll take your 17 hp and a bit of money. J/k Godd Luck
  3. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

If it is a hydro and has been taken care of around 1700 would be a fair price, Ive got a 52" snapper hydro purchased new in 93 and its in great shape, im keeping it for as long as possible,its been a sweet machine.I just purchased a new Scag SWZU 52" with the 17hpKawi 5099 tax not included, i really like it with doubles it does a awesome job. Marks Mowing Service
  4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

If its a '95 and the engine is original, its a single cylinder 17hp Kawi., and probably a hydro.

If the engine has been replaced, its probably a twin.

Either way, its technically an old mower. If its been used commercially, its probably beat to hell. If its still in decent shape, offer a grand. Remember its a 7 yo. mower with ???? hours on it.