price for a stone wall

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by zmak, May 28, 2004.

1. zmak

zmak LawnSite Member

I have an estimate for a low stone wall 2 high this includes the first half buried. It will run along the driveway up to the front bed ,
    then almost entirely around the house 180 ' total. Then the same around the pool approx. 100' the cost of the stone is 1.85.
    There is the usual bull that goes along like 4 in of 3/4 in stone that will have to be moved back so the stone can be leveled and layed. Any help would be appreciated. With these measurements it is about 560 stones to be layed. windsor stone about 10 lbs each.

2. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

I charge $10.50 per stone layed My Price would be $5880.00 plus tax .07 = $6291.60

3. zmak

zmak LawnSite Member

thanks
    what do you think about the customer wanting to bring in the stone and just charging labor to install.

4. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

then you lose out on money . we charge by the sq ft . $20 for a wall like that since its not very high i would bid that at $3700. if it were higher i would charge $19 per sq ft

5. zmak

zmak LawnSite Member

yeah I figured out a price and gave it to the home owner

total 3920.00
    if they want to bring in the stone 2900.00

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

when it comes to stuff like that I hardly ever move very much on the price. For example, lets say you price labor and materials out at $5000, if they want to bring in the stones I will only knock down the price to $4500. Thats all. It basically makes them choose to spend the extra $500 and have them all delivered by you, or they have to do and get them, trip after trip. They usually will pay that $500 more

7. zmak

zmak LawnSite Member

good idea going to tell them that see what happens
    thanks