Price for a used JD GS30

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by drsogr, Jun 15, 2004.

1. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

I am looking to buy a 36" to start out with. I came across a gs30 with a 150 hours on it and a new set a blades for $1000. Does this sound like a good deal? I think its a few years old. This is about where my price range is at, and I am looking for a good deal. Any thoughts?

Derek

2. southarkansascutter

southarkansascutter LawnSite Member

I just bought a new one last week and love it.....if it is in good shape it sounds like a good deal.... you won't be disappointed... a new one is around $2500.....

3. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

I've got the GS 45 (48 inch) a few years old and I paid 1400.00. I got three set of blades a grease gun and fully greased and delivered from 60 miles away. I think I got a good deal. I think in your situation thats a good price. My deck adjusts very quickly though. I'd presume that the deck on that one adjusts quickly also I'd say go for it

Ken

4. southarkansascutter

southarkansascutter LawnSite Member

I wish I had found it.......would have saved me alot of money.... I cut this ladies yard that is what you could call picky....almost didn't take the job because her son kept telling me that he wanted the yard "manicured" and I kept thinking PITA... but I need the work .... the first couple of cuts I asked her if it was ok and said she was pleased.... (the yard looked good but I wasn't pleased...so I started looking for something else) I cut it the first time last weekend and when she came out to look at the yard I thought she was going to hug my neck.... the gs30 put the best cut have ever saw on that yard..... it looked awesome..even striped it.... just thought I would share that....

p.s. the lady is not a PITA..... it turns out that her last lco had not been very professional..... left gates open and destroyed trash cans ????? on a regular basis....

5. protouchlawn

protouchlawn LawnSite Member

That is a good price for 150 hours. I have one and love it. They are great little mowers and built like a tank.

6. brian mon

brian mon LawnSite Member

There are still GS30's around...but I was going to buy a new one this year, and my dealer found JD is no longer making a 36'', don't know if will be replaced or what....just thought I'd pass that along.

It sounds like a real good deal though.

7. Cheesedawg1

Cheesedawg1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I have a brand ne GS 30 and I dont really like it. I bought mines brand new and its not even a year old and it sucks. For a $1000 bucks that sounds like a good deal. But like I said, I wouldn't think about buying another John Deere GS model. Adjusting the deck becomes a pain once you start getting more lawns. Maintaince is very easy on it though.

8. jlewis

jlewis LawnSite Member

I just got a GS45 this year and really like it. I could not master the Toro Tbar and ran across this w/ demo hrs for 2100.

I would question the hrs. They do not have hr meters.

My deck adjusts w/ 4 pins, not hard if you ask me.:confused:

Joe

9. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

What in the world could a man do to destroy a trash can??;)

10. TROTTMAN

TROTTMAN LawnSite Senior Member

I destroy trash cans every day. Just part of the job.

JK...