price for aerating 100 acres

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by kuletule, Feb 17, 2005.

1. kuletule

kuletule LawnSite Member

Can someone give me a pricing guide for coring aeration of 25/50/100 acres of pasture? Using a 12 foot aerator on larger and 8 foot on smaller.

Thanks

Dennis

2. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

Company up my way does sports fiels for $157.00 per acre for double pass. Single is @$115.00 I think. For an area that large I would guess it will run you about $8-10,000. No experience with areas that big I should add though.

3. Williams Services

Williams Services LawnSite Senior Member

I don't see any farmer paying out $8k to have his pasture aerated, nor do I see a homeowner doing it. I would think, with a 12' aerator, you should be able to cover alot of ground pretty quickly, which would bring the rate down significantly. How much ground can you cover in a hour? Two acres? Three? 1.5? I don't know, I've never used that type of a setup. If you know that, just use your desired hourly rate - for you AND for your equipment. Good luck.

4. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

I would try to average at least $ 50. per hour plus fuel. I would check the spoons after each acre and remove any lodged stones!

5. William J. L.

William J. L. LawnSite Member

We do $15 per k for AE only.....$18 per k with seed...that would be $660 or $792 per acre respectively

6. Garth

Garth LawnSite Senior Member

We take care of a 78 acre joint forces training base here in CA. We mow, edge, prune, plant, apply herbicide along fence lines and "hamburger hill" ( the fuel dump) and aerate about 40 acres of the base. We charge about $40/ acre but it's included in the $380K they pay us yearly.