price for bush hog mowing per acre or per hour

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green Side Lawn Care, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Green Side Lawn Care

Green Side Lawn Care LawnSite Member

how would you charge for large areas of grass like this and what would you charge?
  2. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

I never charge by the hour for bushhogging any more. Too many variables to consider. What type of terrain, what objects to encounter, does customer want weedeating done?, dusty conditions, ground hornets (dont ask:hammerhead: ). So many things can happen with the use of a tractor, u must be extra carfull for your safety. Some plcas can be easy, some places can push your limits. Ive bushhogged for many years and have gotten stuck on lake shores, ditches, mud and Ive fliped my tractor, hit boulders & logs, got wire wrapped around my spindle, broke things, ect.
    I usually will set up all my bushhogging to be cut the same time and charge according to difficuty of job done, but by days end, I will make around $100 for an 8 - 9 hour day, then its time for the bath tub BIG time.
  3. fool32696

fool32696 LawnSite Senior Member

$100 all day???? or $100 per hr?
  4. mosmgras

mosmgras LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I really hope that's not $100/day!!
  5. Duncan90si

Duncan90si LawnSite Member

I don't do brush hogging, but if I did I wouldn't start my tractor for $100 a day. If thats all you charge, you can drastically increase your rates and still be under everybodies prices.

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

the people i know that brush ho at least get $60 a hour.
  7. Green Side Lawn Care

Green Side Lawn Care LawnSite Member

the areas that the builders want me to do are open lots in subdivisions that have not been built on yet so it is pretty flat and they want it mowed 2 a month. I was thinking 100-150 an hour but i dont really know any inputs would help thanks.
  8. Bingham Brothers

Bingham Brothers LawnSite Member

how much can you mow in an hour?
  9. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

$100 min for tractor, i give a price per job but wouldnt go below $80/hr personally. just think, how much you are charged to get yoru truck fixed, its $85/hr here, some are $100/hr for 1 tons. we get that much because the quiptment cost/main/fuel etc

ive been getting 500-$1000 for jobs that take less than 8 hrs. i got $1000 to clear 1/4-1/2 acre of priors that took 5 hrs. if anyone asks just remind them its a over $25000 for a new tractor, and the truck that pulls it over $35000
  10. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

How we do it is: $200 Min for even loading the tractor on the trailer.That rate is good for 2 hours. 0-2 hrs $100 per hr. 2 hrs or more is $200 for 2 hrs and $75 per hour after that. This is assuming area is ok and you don't have to worry about anthing, if it's a nasty job then charge more in case of repairs.