price for clean up, weed barrier, mulch

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by thesargent, May 22, 2006.

1. thesargent

thesargent LawnSite Senior Member

i need to bid this job on cleaning out an existing flower bed that is approximatly 8'X70'. it has weeds that are all dead. someone else sprayed them. there are existing ferns and small conifirs. they want weed barrier and mulch put down. i like to put down the 0-1/4 bark mulch, the small nuggets. i realize the bid will be higher or lower depending on location. but what would you charge for your area. thanks

2. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

8 X 70 is 7 yards or 420. Weed block is mulch. Clean out??? How many hours will it take times you rate. Do you remove waste. Do you pick-up mulch.

3. thesargent

thesargent LawnSite Senior Member

by clean out i mean weed the dead weeds. i will pick up the mulch. its about ten min. away. yes i wil remove waste. they want the plastic type weed barrier down first.

4. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Ten min. will still take you around 1-2 hours. That is part of your price. The rest is to vague in time to answer. You may have to bit the bullet to learn how long work takes you.