Price for Edging

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Expert Lawns, May 9, 2003.

1. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

How do you guys go about pricing edging? Do you incorporate it in a weekly or monthly bill? I was thinking of charging $x.xx per month and would just be added to the bill. Or do you add $5 each mowing? I would think that edging only has to be done once a month or so. and what is a good way to price it? what is a pretty standard price. a base price i should say?$25.00? I know it depends on the amount to be edged, but i need a place to start. thanks

2. GraZZmaZter

GraZZmaZter LawnSite Senior Member

You need to measure how much edging, and come up with a price per foot amount.

That should get you started.

3. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I usually price my contracts including 2 complete edgings per year. The first in mid spring and again in late summer/early fall.

The rest of the year I'm just trimming with a string trimmer.

If you're asking how to price edging by the foot, I have no idea, I price it by time.

I'd like to know how and if others here price edging by the foot or yard.

GraZZmaZter, So how much do you charge by the foot?

4. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

You guys got it made. In Florida we edge pretty much every week :D

5. Frosty_03

Frosty_03 LawnSite Senior Member

I edge every time I mow it makes for a nice cut. I never thought about charge seperate from the mowing, I use a stick edger and go. I would know how to about charging for it. If I did charge I would measure it out with an wheel and then charge 1.00 per linier foot. But like I said I just include it with the mowing price and do it every week.:cool:

6. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

$1.00 per linear foot? :eek: :eek: :eek:

REALLY?

I've got some accounts where it would be $700 a week then. Man I need to get a grip.

Did you mean .10 cents per linear foot?

7. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Hehe, damn, I'm a scrub :D I edge only for a dude right next to one of my regular accounts. Well, edge and blow. It's probably 250 ft. I get $10 :eek: I should be charging $250, and another $100 or so to blow it off. J/K :D

Of course, as I mentioned, in Florida you pretty much edge every week so it only takes 8 minutes or so to edge and blow that much. I can't really relate to what you guys are doing. I'm sure edging something that had not been edged in many weeks or months would take a good deal more time....but dang, a buck a foot? :eek:

8. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

I had seen someone else post that they price it out at $1.00 per foot.

But I think this is the never edged, ragged and very over grown 1 time deal.....not a weekly edging price.

Maybe someone asked you to price out edging only, because they do the mowing....something like that. Just to clean it up every now and then, or to give them a better start to maintain it.

9. Auroris

Auroris LawnSite Member

When I do a spring cleanup everything gets edged well as part of the cleanup, and I include the price of edging (or cleaning out) a bed edge, too.

The rest of the year I'm edging either once per month or every other week (as needed to keep the growth in control) and the cost is factored into the cost of the job as a whole for the month when I quote the client a price.

It seemed reasonable when I started to do it this way as long as the edge is defined and under control to begin with. I use a 3.5-horse power edger.

If someone asked me what to charge for edging alone I could come up with something well under $1 per linear foot. ;)

10. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

$42 an hour.