Price for Flyer Copies???

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by 4 seasons lawn&land, Jul 9, 2008.

1. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

Anyone know how much it is at staples or one of those places to make copies of color flyers. Does the rate get better the more you do?

2. IcutgrASS1

IcutgrASS1 LawnSite Member

the rate is like 50 cents a copy at staples, as i was about to make many copies the girl who worked there said buy a lazer printer and make your own for 7 cents a copy....and no they dont care how many you buy its still 50 cents

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

So what you do is you buy several reams at that same store of Yellow stock 8.5x11 xerox style paper and then have them run off your copies on what is now your paper in black and white so then you have cheap color copies hehehe

By the way I said Xerox STYLE, I believe the store brand is cheaper it just has to be copy paper (the paper in color).
    One ream is 500 sheets, the more you run off the cheaper it gets but find out the costs / amount first...
    I believe we used to get 4,000 copies run off for 40 dollars, or maybe it was 80 bucks...
    I don't remember but like 1-2 cents a copy, and maybe it was a little more, hmmm...
    Oh yeah well you do have to pay for the paper :p
    But it sure is one far throw from 50 cents.

And that would be known as doing some 'cost reduction'
    An essential and vital piece of what I think should be for every business,
    but cost reduction certainly plays a very important role in mine.

4. greenred

greenred LawnSite Senior Member
    from IL

I used to get them at Kinkos for around 8 or 10 cents a piece - that was a few years ago. I made a master copy in photoshop, printed it on a high quality lazer printer, on quality paper then made copies from it on a kinkos copy machine. Turned out really well and was pretty cost efficient.

5. the_fat_man

the_fat_man LawnSite Member
    from TN