Price for Lazer 28EFI Triton 60inch

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lazer 46, Jul 24, 2007.

1. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

Promotional price for this machine is $10,999. Wondering what anybody has paid for this machine. My dealer said she will do better than this but hasn't said how much.
  2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

pretty steep
  3. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Real steep, 72" Hustler Super Z with the 28 efi, my dealer is $9999.00, 66" $9799.00 and the 60" $9599.00.

No reason for less mower to cost more money, they are looking at to much profit.
  4. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

REAL steep, considering the 60" Lazer AS with the 28 Kawi is about 7800-8000. AND it's got the UltraCut deck..

Of course the EFI will cost more, wondering how significant the fuel savings is though...
  5. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

The Kohler 28 efi is about 20% to 30% more efficient than the 27 Kohler. The 28 efi I have was checked at .93 gal. hr. in light mowing conditions so I figure from that to heavy conditions at probably 1.1 gal. per hr. The 27 is from about 1.2 to 1.4 gal. per hr. depending on conditions.
  6. Armadillolawncare

Armadillolawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I have that mower and paid $9999.99 a few months ago. I didn't try to talk my dealer down any though. I feel I got a good price because I am happy with it and I was more concerned with buying from this dealer because of his exceptional service. Could I have saved a few hundred more by calling around? Maybe, but I don't mind this dealer making some money off me. In the long run I will come out ahead. Shortly after purchasing this mower one of the fuel tanks ran dry while mowing and it stopped running. I switched to the other tank and then couldn't get it to start. The mower was sitting in the middle of a customers front yard and I am a solo so I had no one to help try to get it on the trailer. I called my dealer and he was on sight to assist me in 20 minutes. One call to the Koehler rep and the delaer had the mower running again. Apparently when I switched fuel tanks I sucked a bit of air into the lines which prevented the mower from starting. I don't mind paying a bit more to ensure I get this kind of service.
  7. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Hmm, very interesting. Thanks for the info.