Price for mowing in S. Florida surburbs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by brucec32, May 6, 2004.

1. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Ok, I'm about to crank up again and want to hear it from those in the area.

What is the going rate for a quality mow/trim/edge/blow maintenance visit on a typical lawn you can do in half a man hour with good equipment? I'm talking a reasonably affluent area of professionals and retired people, not some desolate place in the middle of nowhere.

I don't care if it's $25 or $35, it is what it is. I just want to go out and not waste a bunch of time basing prices on experience from a different market. My experience says somewhere in the middle, $30-$32.

2. KDJ

KDJ LawnSite Senior Member

3. Tbarchaser

Tbarchaser LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I get 35-40 per cut on those... Around 120$ a month for 42 cuts.
    Full service weeding and hedge trimming (if it is kept tight then it only take an extra 5-10 min for the extras)

That is a 3000sf to 5000sf foot home on a approx 1/4 acre.

4. brucec32

Boy I sure like Tbarchaser's answer better, lol. : )

5,000 ft home on 1/4 acre? That's a lot of house and not much lawn!

Tbar, does that price you mentioned include the hedges and weeding?

Also, how often are you doing hedges to keep them so you're only spending a few min each time? I figure at least 1/month in the summer. More than that?

Finally, by doing it frequently, do you save time by only trimming off a little so that you're not having to collect much if any trimmings off the ground?

5. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

I trim every 2-3 weeks when hedges are growing usually about 14 trims per year mostly viburnum and ligustrum /no cleanup. Im anywere from 100 month to 150 month an 5k sf lawns depending on amount of hedges and condition of beds

6. brucec32

Thanks, that's useful to know.

7. Tbarchaser

Tbarchaser LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

If you brush them every few weeks just let the clippings fall. We just knock down the hairs. Once a month spend an extra 10 min or so to clean up the sides and go into a little more detail.

If we to dig in deep on a hedge I just mulch the clippings.

I wish I could mulch Queen palm fronds.

8. katrena

katrena LawnSite Member

Hey Promo-
    When you say 5K sf lawn, are you referring to total lot size or strictly turf area? The average size lots around here are around 12000-15000. If your lots were this size what would you be charging? Thanks.

9. brucec32

Cool, thanks again Tbar. I've been doing pretty much that with my ficus hedges at the house. Hitting them early before too much growth occurs.

Thankfully the county picks up the fronds at the street here so any of those go in a pile at the street.

10. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

150-300 depending on shrubs etc 42x year