Price for Paver Driveway?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by lawnTherapy, Dec 5, 2007.

1. lawnTherapy

lawnTherapy LawnSite Member

Can anyone help me out with a competitive price per SqFt for Driveways? I'm located in Southern Indiana.

Thanks!!!

2. B. L. Landscaping

B. L. Landscaping LawnSite Member

try not to base your bid off of square feet you can really lose your *** that way. sit down and figure your labor, materials, profit etc. to find your price. you will need plenty of base!!!

3. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

do not base it on square foot pricing.

Tell us size, cost of paver/materials, equipment needed how many hours it will take you, your overhead per week, you crew size, cost of fuel, etc. and then we can help.

Other than that 5 dollars a square will get you any job you want. It costs more than that to do the job but it should be "competitive".

4. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

not trying to be a party pooper, but if you have not done enough hardscapes to know how to price your jobs, then you have no business installing a driveway.

Get your feet wet with smaller walkways, etc. There are much less likely to fail, and if they do they will not bankrupt you if you have to redo it.
    Figure out your installation time etc,.... off the smaller jobs. then you can be able to price the larger jobs.

5. csl

csl LawnSite Member

we are getting between $10-12 a sq'. that includes the excavation, 6" crushed base, 1"+ fine sand, edge, material, finish spray. and thats for a fairly simple job, lots of rock or curves and cuts adds on to the price. but thats the pac. NW. not a lot of good paver and hardscape companies up here.

6. lawnTherapy

lawnTherapy LawnSite Member

My feet are wet. I've installed walkways and patios for the past 4 years. Just trying to get a feel for pricing. Thanks!

7. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

If you've already done this type of work all you have to do is scale up the job. Price it as you would for a walkway/patio, just bigger.

8. McKeeLand

McKeeLand LawnSite Senior Member

how are you guys only getting away with 6" of base up there? we use a minimum of 8", but usually 10-12".

9. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

we use 4" on walkways and 12 inches on driveways.

If you know how to install pavers then you shouldn't need to ask pricing. unit prices are very bad.

10. Grass Happens

Grass Happens LawnSite Senior Member

Ive never done any driveways, but arent you supposed to use a thicker block for drives as opposed to walks?