1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Price for per-cut/seasonal?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by theguynextdoor, Feb 5, 2008.

1. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor LawnSite Senior Member

Last year, I was cutting a few lawns in my neighborhood at $20 to $25 dollars each. Largest one took me less than an hour to cut, trim and blow. Now I will be using a 36'' to 48'' walk behind and will be doing much more residential lawns, and a few small commericals. I need to send out flyers and contracts to my plowing customers soon and have no idea how to price. For the average size residential lawn should my price stay the same even though it will take half the time? How do you go about coming up with a seasonal price, or do you just to per mow and send a bill once a month? Do you charge extra for picking up leaves? Also, what do you make an hour for landscaping (edging, trimming bushes, mulch, etc)?

Thank you for the help, please give as much info as possible on how you price mowing and billing.
  2. barefeetny

barefeetny LawnSite Senior Member

i answered your other post

there is a search feature at the top of the main page

there is tons of info

find out the rate in your area and charge accordingly

you can't mow trim and blow 1/2 acre lots for 20-25 dollars

with my 44" not rushing i can mow blow and trim a typical 1/2 acre in about 25-35 minutes

I would suggest doing a little research and work on a buisness plan

its very important and will answer most of your questions for yourself and keep you on track

Good luck again