Price for this 72" ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by EagleLandscape, Mar 22, 2008.

1. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

I looked at a used 72" exmark ztr today.

had 2065 hours on it.

what do you think it should be worth?

I'll post a pic in a few moments when i find my phone.

2. EagleLandscape

here is a picture

started fine, i think it needs a new pulley or belt though.

Photo_032208_002.jpg

3. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

John, I have no idea on a price, but you might want to list the year of the machine and the engine make so the guys that are more in the know could give you a solid answer.

4. riverwalklandscaping

riverwalklandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

is it on the original motor? also gas or dsl, how many hp? what year? all this will help

5. EagleLandscape

27hp I believe gas.

Serial: 409234

Model: lz27kc724

thanks

trugreen was previous owner

6. ealbertson

ealbertson LawnSite Senior Member

What year is it? Is it leaking any oil? How do the spindles feel? How do the hydraulics feel when you drive it? What motor is on it? Has it been maintained? I have two 2001 exmark 72" Zs with 26 efi Kohlers on them with around that many hours on them that needed rings. Those are a lot of hours but if it has been well maintained and you are mechanically inclined it could give you quite a few more hours. I still have the two I mentioned above and are doing fine although one had a rough life which I changed the engine on and have done a fair amount of additional work on it, it is now dependable. The other one I owned since it was new and have maintained it. Other than the rings a PTO and spindle or two it has been a great mower and is still dependable. I would say for me anyway if it has been maintained and their are no serious problems I would give between 3500 and 4000 for it. I would also look on ebay for finished listings for similiar machines and see what they are selling for and listen to the other people on here as to what they feel it is worth.

7. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

3000 - 3500 maybe a little more if it was cleaned up nice and ran really good

8. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

I would say $3500-$4000 is way too much for a mower with over 2000Hrs.

9. EagleLandscape

the guy wants 2650 for it.

hydraulics feel fine, and sound ok. i would want to get it checked out though first.

its got the 27hp engine. and from the model being 27kc i would assume that means 27 kohler command. i didnt look when i was there.

10. Gruneich Lawn Care Inc.

Gruneich Lawn Care Inc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from SD

I would check the things mentioned above on that mower. Knowing that Trugreen owned it, I would bet it probally hasnt seen the easiest life. I would offer $1500 or so. Thats alot of hours on that machine, I would buy it knowing that you might have to fix a few little things everyonce in awhile.