Price for trimec herbicide

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by JOshua Gallerick, Mar 16, 2001.

1. JOshua Gallerick

JOshua Gallerick LawnSite Member

What does a 2.5 gallon bottle of trimec classic or super trimec run you guys? Do you guys have pretty good look with the trimec or is there a better broadleaf control spray out there that gets every thing with the first spray?
  2. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I am checking on my prices this year so i dont know for sure, But if i remember right (I may not) trimec products are realitivly cheap mabey $30/gal but i believe (dont have a label here so cant be precise) 2.5 gal only covers mabey 3 acres. If you go with a 3 way (I use MILLENNIUM) it costs about $35/gal BUT covers 10 acres, and IMHO is a far better product. What i have found is check the mix rate. Price per gallon makes no difference in the pesticide Bus. something that seems cheap may not cover as much. and the expensive suff may cover more. I always break it down to cost per 1000 sq/ft.
  3. Mscotrid

Mscotrid LawnSite Bronze Member
    from USA

greenquestlawn "I use MILLENNIUM) it costs about $35/gal BUT covers 10 acres"

I'd be curious as to the rate your using to stretch the gallon 10 acres?

I use 3way ester this time of the year than will switch to Momentum as the temp's rise. Always add a spreader sticker for increased performance.
  4. Skookum

Skookum LawnSite Senior Member

I paid $35.00 a gallon for TrimecPlus several years ago.

It works very well, but it is very heat sensitive. Too warm of a day and it will kill the turf much quicker and much better than Roundup!

For a dealer near you try:

[Edited by Skookum on 03-17-2001 at 01:50 PM]
  5. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Ya know what Mscotrid,
    I was right and wrong, sorry about the confusion. Everything I buy is in 2.5 gal. So that is what I was figuring. I wrote all this below then re-read the post.

label for Millennium states " Apply 2-3 pints per acre. SO, 2 1/2 gal = 20 pints and you apply 2 pints per acre. 20 divided by 2 is 10(acres) At highest rate would be 20 divided by 3 = 6.66(acres).

One gal would cover 4 Acres (2.6 on highest rate)
  6. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

A.M. Leonard has the trimec classic for $81.63 for 2.5 gl and the trimec plus for $94.50/gl. Lynn
  7. deinck

deinck LawnSite Member

Hi Guys
    Got my prices last week Trimec is $27.50/gal and Trimec Classic is $28.50 never heard of milliunmm tell me a little about it is it a 24d base product. I've been thinking about mixing Trimec and Dimension together. Dimension is for crab grass its supposed to really work good.
    Dave Einck
    Pro-Cut Lawn & Hydroseeding Service
  8. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

I'm paying about $57 per gallon for ester trimec, I go 1 quart per 30000 sq. ft, and at 50-60 degrees get excellent results. 120,000 sq. ft per gallon, thats about 3 acres. amine tri-mec 992 works out to be cheaper, but it needs to be 70 degrees or above. I don't use spreader stickers, they are designed for tree work. a PENETRANT and surfactant works much better, preferably with buffering agents for mixing chemicals. Surf-king is one of the better ones out there. It works so well, it actually is more expensive than some cheap chemicals-simazine, atrazine, 2-4-d straight. Dave g
  9. greenngrow

greenngrow LawnSite Senior Member

heys guys I don't want to brag but can you beleive Tri MEC or Mec Amine for 19.00 per gallon. You guys need to shop around...
  10. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

I can belive it, but the generic mec products have never been good to me on those really bad start up customers. The generics seem to be spotty and cheap w/ the dicamba, which is what kills henbit. Trimec maybe higher, but it works. The cheaper generic mec amine is fine for our reg. clients after a year or so, and I get it in the 2.5 gal for $35, which is actually less than guy above me.... Dave