Price for used equipment

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mbraud4, Nov 12, 2008.

1. mbraud4

mbraud4 LawnSite Member

Me and my business partner are splitting due to conflict of interests...so Im in the market to buy some used equipment to continue doing service for my 40-50 customers. I have a friend who is selling some equipment but Im not sure on the price of used equipment and how many hours u get out of liquid cooled motors.

He has the following equipment for sale:

Grasshopper 325 with 3cyl Kobuta 25hp liq cooled motor, 52 inch deck, 1300 hours, excellent shape

Exmark 32 belt driven w/b with 15 hp kawasaki I believe

21 push mower

2x Shindaiwa 261s trimmers

1x Shindaiwa 231 edger

1x Shindaiwa EB630 blower

a small set of shindaiwa hedge trimmers

4gal echo sprayer

16x8 open trailer in good shape with a cage on the front for gas cans/blower/sprayer with a toolbox on tongue and trimmer rack

Can any experienced vet give me an idea of the value of the mower and how many hours to expect out of that engine, as well as the value of the W/B and maybe the trailer as well.

The whole setup also comes iwth 10-15 accounts but most wont be cut until next season...I'm more or less interested in the equipment and the accounts are just a bonus. Thanks guys. Ill try and get some pics up.

2. mbraud4

mbraud4 LawnSite Member

Correction, 32 w/b is 12.5 hp kawasaki

3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

The Grasshopper with the Kubota engine is a great machine. The Kubota gas engine should be good for 4000hrs, or more, if serviced on a regular basis.

4. mbraud4

mbraud4 LawnSite Member

Heres some pictures, its a good friend of mine selling after he took over for 2 seasons, devoting his full time to school, bad time to sell but he priced it at $10k to me for the whole getup with 10-15 customers who will bring in around $2k/month during the regular season...and I have another 40ish customers already, just need some equipment since me and my partner split up. What do you guys think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I would buy it.

6. openbook

openbook LawnSite Member

I think I'd buy it if I had the money. I'm not familiar with grasshopper mowers but if someone said it'd be good for another 2700 hours that doesn't sound too bad. How many 8 hour days work is that? 300+

7. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Grasshoppers are nice mowers, especially with the diesel. It should last a very long time. $10,000 is a fair price for the equipment in the above pics, and it comes with a few accounts which will pay for the equipment within 5 or 6 months.

8. Lawn Thumb

Lawn Thumb LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Ferris are a sweet deal

9. scagdude

scagdude LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

i would buy it if i were you because if you already have 50 accts + the 15 he is giving you that should pay back the purchase in no time.

10. New Image Landscaping

New Image Landscaping LawnSite Member

Thats a steal. Sounds like all quality equipment!