Price formulas for aeration and overseeding

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GarPA, Apr 12, 2003.

1. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

Was surprised that there was not a whole lot of recent, pricing formula posts when I did a search on this. Again, wanting to check "the market" for aeration and overseeding with starter fert.
    In my area a 10,000 ft lawn would go for $350 to $450.
    Mind sharing your market prices for same ??? thanks

2. gamoose

gamoose LawnSite Member

Great prices, I'm in Atlanta I just did 10,000 for 185.00. The guy semed o.k. with it. I read on here a couple weeks ago 17.00 per 10,000. Oh well?? This is the wrong time of year to do this (at least here) but I'll have to really raise prices this fall.

3. paulwade1

paulwade1 LawnSite Member

I'm overseeding and aerating for a customer with 9,000 sq ft with bermuda. I'm charging $200....special price to gain her as a weekly account. Also doing some light landscaping for her....that's extra.

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Gar

Depending on the job and the customer, I'm charging .85 - 1.00 per square foot for straight aerating. If I include overseeding, I figure on 4 - 5 lbs per 1k square feet...so I need roughly 175 - 225 lbs per acre.

So on an acre of lawn, aerating will run $375 to say $450 (depending on the terrain, number of obstacles, etc.) and overseeding will be determined on how much per k you use and how much you pay for it. Also you want to figure in your time to broadcast the seed.

Hope that helps some.