1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Price good for Stihl 600 Backpack???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Carolina Cuts, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

$469.00??? I already have a simple Echo 403 which works fine, but looking to throw it on the shelf as a back up and replace it with something a little better. Another thought was purchasing a Giant push blower for a commercial property I have... parking lots/open areas that collect some light/moderate leaves in fall. $499.00
  2. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

That is what the 600 is going for at my dealer.
  3. The Cowboy

The Cowboy LawnSite Senior Member

My dealer has it selling for $489. Sounds like a fair price. I paid $539 for my redmax 8000 3 weeks before Stihl came out with the big one.
  4. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

$469.00 is the going price here in Virginia also

5. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

I purchased a BR600 and the price without tax was $469. The price for a redmax800 series was $100 more.
  6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

$469 is the retail price. That's what I paid.
  7. tcls83

tcls83 LawnSite Member

Last fall there was a special on Echo PB 751's (top of the line). I think they were around $470-480. I bought one last fall and never thought I would get so excited over a backpack. It was almost like a 8 horse Giant Vac strapped to your back. It definitely paid off timewise compared to the little kawasaki I had before. I wonder if they still have that special. Maybe check if the deal is still going on.
  8. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I paid $450 for my stihl br600, and I willing to bet they will last longer than any of the 2-strokes.
  9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Thats what we have here. Last time i was at the dealer.
  10. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

thanks guys... I totally forgot to do search. Found this same topic already mentioned a million times... :dizzy: sorry.

yea, I think $469.00 was about the average. I had recently purchased a Stihl trimmer and stick edger. Very happy, so I'm thinkin' the BP will make me just as happy.