1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Price guesstiment.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Phishook, Aug 20, 2003.

1. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

1.11 acre. Minus house, drive, garage, and barn. So probably a little more than 3/4 acre. Flat, no slope at all. Three inch well.

Give a guesstimate, and some info. Brake it down if you want.
  2. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

so no one here has irrigated a on acre property?
  3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

4. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

It is way to difficult to give an estimate with that little or that kind of info. It's no different than if a customer calls asking what we charge to install. There are too many variables. From what you have listed, there is also

soil type - makes installing easier or harder
    is grass already installed
    will the pipe be pulled or trenched
    rotors, sprays, drip?
    how many gpms and what pressure are you getting
    poly or pvc
    are you installing a mainline or single manifold near POC with pipes leading from there
    commercial grade timer with a soak and cycle feature for the well?
    do you need a filter due to the well

There are too many items that make it difficult to price without seeing the site. But then again, I don't do or bid installs anymore.
  5. All American Lawn

All American Lawn LawnSite Member

If all the conditions are normal and dont run into any problems....rocks etc. we usually do and estimate by figuring $120.00 for a rotary head $90.00 for pop ups and $350.00 per drip zone....this formula has seemed to work for us.....This covers control panel,backflow,pipe etc. all material involved...
  6. Rotor-Man

Rotor-Man LawnSite Member

If you quoted your installs in my neck of the woods at $120 a rotor, with the average install I do having 35 to 40 rotors in the system, or $4200 to $4800 , you would be outta business in 3 days or less. That kinda price is only a dream in your head in this part of the country!