Price help plz

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by GrassQuester, Jun 14, 2006.

1. GrassQuester

GrassQuester LawnSite Member

I am trying to find out what you all would price this job at

10 pallets of sod will cost me $1300 and I need to prep the area before I lay it, take out weedy and dead grass etc...How much should I charge to put it down?

2. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

I think some more information would be needed for anyone to assist you. How much sq.ft is the area? Are you doing it solo or do you have help? are you picking it up and dropping it off or having it dropped off by a nursery?

also what kind of prep do you need to do? are you tilling the area? putting down some top soil? bug treatments?

3. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

Did a job similar to this one few years back, if the pallet cost me 130$ i charged them 230-200 depending on comm./resd. then just added cost and labor for removal(sod cutter$) + 800$ then dumping cost 150$. job total 3250$ / 2people 16 hrs if remember correctly.:cool2:

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

When you say "prep the area", that is way tooo vague. It all depends on the condition and soil type. This can be 3 times the amount of work of prepping other conditions. Sprayed of? Tilled? Leveled? What are you using? How much area? This is like asking "I need to build a road...How much will it cost?"

5. GrassQuester

I am going to spray it with round up then dig the dead grass up with a shovel or a rake thats it nothing more no tilling no fill dirt nothing more BTW its 3750 sq. ft each pallet is 400 sq. ft. so I need 10 pallets and its $1350 delivered

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

The ground underneath HAS TO BE worked up. The sod will not take to hard ground such as that that is glazed from scraping sod off.

7. GrassQuester

Yes I know Im just trying to display the easyness of it pull dead grass out rake the dirt with a rake to loosen the soil and put the sod down Im aware it needs to not be solid dirt!!! Im just looking for a price here:hammerhead: