price help

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by jeremy067390, Mar 23, 2006.

1. jeremy067390

jeremy067390 LawnSite Member

is there some rule of thumb to pricing out mulch spreading like a per yard price? i have a new job im qouting and i have most operations down except mulching, edging and dethacting. my new job is i know going to take between 5-6 yards of mulch. i charge a man hour for transporting things usually since my suplier/dumping area is by my house it hardly makes a difference. my rates run 35 per first man 55 for both men i run a 2 man op, im equipment heavy but i lack dump equipment as of yet. this in mind to spread and edge 5-6 yards of mulch and garden only one garden is and island and everything is pretty good shape to start. by my current formula i would say ball park 6-7 hours i think we could bang it out. that would be 330 to 385 for labor 35 transport and price of the mulch. rounded up a tad of course? any thoughts am i way off? do i need a new scale for this type of labor? or should i fatten my hours up a bit more or do i need to cut back even? (note the people are in a wealthy area so im sure people are bidding higher in the area then usual, but i dont assume they r dumb or ignorant)

2. mad_wrestler

mad_wrestler LawnSite Senior Member

Double your cost if there is no bed prep. I will upto $85 ayard depending on how much bed prep is needed. For your amount of mulch that you said I would charge $312 because you said very minimal prep. My cost for mulch is 26/yard so I just doubled it and multiplied by the number of yards.

3. jeremy067390

jeremy067390 LawnSite Member

thank you that sounds smart