1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

price help!

Discussion in 'Nurseries and Growers' started by soccer911, Sep 11, 2006.

1. soccer911

soccer911 LawnSite Member

I will be moving an Indian Hawthorne that is about 20 years old. It is about 6' tall and about 6' wide. I will be replanting this plant in another location in the same yard. I was thinking of pricing this at about $200.00 plus root stimulator. What do you think....to high or to low. How good are the chances the plant will survive?

Thanks

2. cancan

cancan LawnSite Member

whew good luck....not sure on what ya oughta charge....be sure to fertilize it a coupla weeks before ya move it....build up the energy in the plant before ya lose all those roots.....good luck.

3. Travel'n Trees

Travel'n Trees LawnSite Senior Member

What are you moving it with?

4. ACutAbovesiny

ACutAbovesiny LawnSite Senior Member

Your price is alittle low to me. I would prob charge $100-$150 just to remove it. I think closer to $350 would be fair.

How long do you expect it to take you to move? I would think with prep time it would take at least 3-4 hours.

5. soccer911

soccer911 LawnSite Member

I was planning on using shovels and a lot of digging. Do you have any good ideas on making this job easer?

Thanks

6. Travel'n Trees

Travel'n Trees LawnSite Senior Member

It would be easier sub it to a tree spade and more professional.