price help ??

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by nlmct, Aug 16, 2013.

1. nlmct

nlmct LawnSite Senior Member
    from ct

can someone please tell me how much they would charge for trimming those bushes ive never done a quite for bush trimming before thank you

lawn7.jpg

2. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Depends on how many people you are paying to help you.

3. JNyz

JNyz LawnSite Bronze Member

$250.00 and you should be finished in an hour.

I don't understand why the number of employees affects the price of the job?

4. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

Really its basic math...not just invoice to customer cost is the concern its also your cost to do the job / no job takes an hr.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  5. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

300 - 375

6. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Basic math is right. $100 to trim, 2 helper's @ $10 hr 2hrs = $40 for them and $60 for me or $100 to trim, 5 helpers @ $10 hr 2hrs = $100 for them and none for me. Number of helper's is important. This is just an example.

7. JNyz

The guy asked for a price on trimming some shrubs. I'm still not understanding why you need to know how many employees? If the job is a $300.00 job, it's a $300.00 job no matter if you show up with 3 employees or you are a 1 man show. Obviously in you have 3 men you will finish about 2/3 sooner, if you are a productive crew.

8. JNyz

Why would it take you the same amount of time with a larger crew?

9. kgs1

kgs1 LawnSite Member

You guy's just charge a flat rate? why not charge an hourly rate? estimate the time for the customer,give or take 30 min or so either way... I charge a hourly rate for all landscaping / trimming etc...You can't loose with an hourly rate ... mine is a man hour rate per person...

10. JNyz

That is a very good way of doing contracting work. You will know your gross before your day starts. I do it both ways but I personally like giving a proposal up front. If I can give a proposal of $300.00 for trimming shrubs. Then bring a three man crew in with 3 gas power trimmers and knock it out in 1 hour, I will be way ahead on that job.