1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Price Increase 2007 ?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lawn king, Nov 26, 2006.

1. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

We are thinking of raising rates on the the lawn programs next year. Diesel fuel alone has increased over 100% in the last 36 months! Anyone else on the fence about raising rares?
  2. jkranium

jkranium LawnSite Member

I raised mine 2% on existing and 4% on new sales....it is still early but no negative feedback so far....keeping fingers crossed.
  3. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

We wer'e thinking more in the range of 5% across the board.
  4. jkranium

jkranium LawnSite Member

I would go for it, my older customers are getting close to being over-priced, so I didn't want to press too much.

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i have some jumping ship as we speak and i didn't raise prices yet so i think i am about as high as i can get on some
  6. jkranium

jkranium LawnSite Member

Yeah I had one of the few I didn't raise prices on cancel yesterday...its that time of year once the renewals are out cancels are gonna happen, but I wouldn't let fear of cancels keep you from raising prices. Look at where you are at in the market and look at your costs. Gas has gone up for everybody and I have heard that Lesco is looking at a big price hike for Merit 5-10%. I just explain to customers that I am trying to keep the increases as low as possible, but they still need to go up. I am sure when gas is $3 again next summer I will be glad I did.
  7. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I spent thanksgiving morning going through my accounts and raising prices. A handful stayed the same but most went up 5 to 10 dollars per cut. I'm also raising my labor rate and marking up plants a little more than last year.
  8. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

I have raised rates every year I have been in business. Next year will be my 12th season.

Keep raising those rates boys
  9. Lawnmasters

Lawnmasters LawnSite Member

Our lawn spray routes will go up by 4% on existing customers, new customers sold will go up by .25 per K. Also, I have learned to say NO to customers wanting lots of extra stuff done on Landscape build jobs. Always here "while your here with that loader, can you move this, or dig this?" Now I include in my contracts, any extra work will gladly be done for you,...at an extra charge. Now they still ask to get it done, but then say " I know it will be a little extra". Every extra dollar helps.
  10. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

I have not even thought about renewals yet. I'll get mine out in January when the Christmas light season is slower.

But I know I will raise new customers at least .25 per k, possible .50 per k. Not sure what I can get away with. But the big guys have ruined the low tier market. Now customers a willing to pay more for the service we provide.