Price Increase on services letter?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Tonyr, Feb 26, 2004.

1. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi folks,

needing to see some letters that are sent to clients to notify them of a fee increase to their mowing services please.

Thanks!

2. ALLFERRIS

ALLFERRIS LawnSite Member

Hey tony, sorry I dont have a copy of my letter to scan, but I told them that I had to increase their prices because of gas prices and insurance rates increasing. So far, all of my customers have understood. The most I raised any customers was $5.00 a cut, some I only rose two dollars. Hope this helps.

3. Tonyr

Thanks Kevin.

I have a good regular who I quoted too cheap a few months ago, 2.5 hours for only $88 every fortnight, they have since had a fence, wire mesh, errected so to maintain the fence etc, to make it worthwhile I want to increase my fee to $120, also the prop. is 20 mins out of town.

I'll probably lose them, but I'm not liking working so cheap as it is, so I thought I could use the fence for the big raise, like a dribble of roundup along the fence doesn't take long :)

4. ALLFERRIS

ALLFERRIS LawnSite Member

Good luck, you have to make money you know. If it is an honest price, and they don't want to stay with you than it might a good thing that they let you go and than they can be somebody elses problem. Tell me how it goes.

5. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

for what its worth, when you find the renewal letter you want to use, note the 2004 fees but dont get into a long winded reason for the increase

You dont need to "grovel" or apologize for any increases.

we offer no explanation, and have never had a problem as most people realize, that most things cost more than they did a year ago.

In sales training they teach that you should put your price on the table, with confidence and no wobbling. Just something for you to consider

6. Tonyr

Thanks GarPA, good tips.