1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Price Increase

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Drew Gemma, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

The letters are going out next Mon. To about 20 customers lets see what happens how many do you think will drop us.
  2. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

what percentage is the increase?
  3. bobcat9957

bobcat9957 LawnSite Member

I did it for all my snow plowing customers last year and didnt lose any. That was a $5 per push increase. If they like you and your service I doubt they will drop you.
  4. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm thinking about doing the same thing due to fuel prices, first time ever.
    I'm just tired of eating the extra price.
    Did you see the article in Lawn and Landscape about raising prices on what certain accounts to raise and how to do it?
  5. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Dont know about your area but in mine I would lose at least 15 of the 20, no matter what amount the increase was.
  6. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

what is it/service that you are raising the price on?
  7. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

mowing where can I read that article?
  8. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

same here many new customers are like every year they would just keep raising the price so i told them to **** off

there is no way to justify $3-5 gas surcharges on single properties unless you are cutting large lots... $3 means you are using 1 extra gallon driving to them and cutting there lawn

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah but the price of everything goes up every year so what can you do? I just bought 10 stick edger blades and 5 spark plugs and about sh** when they totalled it up...I mean it was like 50% higher than a year ago :cry: I sure ain't eating that....
  10. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

im thinking about a $5 price increase just because it will cover all the extra expenses with fuel