Price Increase

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by alowery14, Apr 29, 2008.

1. alowery14

alowery14 LawnSite Member

Can anyone help me to determine the appropriate percentage of a price increase on mowing services. With the price of gas an increase in price is a must! I live in Columbus, Ohio
  2. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

Well I don't know your financial issues, but I would raise your prices to where you still are making a profit and not just "sliding by". It's kind of your decision. I am adding anywhere from $3-$5 to each bill for fuel.
  3. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I did a 10% across the board increase this year for everyone. I lost a few accounts, more than I would have liked but most understood.
  4. 2stroke

2stroke LawnSite Senior Member

i added $2 to SOME of my accounts. the others that i didnt raise make enough profit already.
  5. 1wezil

1wezil LawnSite Senior Member
    from tn

well i added $1.50 per mowing and lost 2 out of 40 so far . last week the one i lost said that extra $5.00 a month was just to hard to take . hes going to buy his one push mower for $200.00 . i am waiting to see this it should be good the more money they have the tighter they get .
  6. wmcrum6

wmcrum6 LawnSite Member
    from NE Ohio

If you are keeping records like a business then you should be able to see what your gasoline expenses are for your mowers as well as your truck/trailer.
    Gas has risen 25% from a year ago this time (in Ohio). The unknown factor is where the prices may go the next four months. Perhaps you figure your fuel costs as 30% from last year.
  7. alowery14

alowery14 LawnSite Member

All great replies, thanks for your help!