Price Increase

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by clc2003, Mar 1, 2005.

1. clc2003

clc2003 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ia

I was just looking for a few helpful ideas on price increases for the upcoming season. I have two fairly big residential accts. that I have mowed for the last 2.5 years and I have not raised there prices yet. one yard takes about 30 min for $40 and the other is $50 for a hour. I don't take out sales tax on either acct and I thought about just charging them taxes only. I have also thought about charging $5 more per mow or even both. My other thought is charging a fuel surcharge when gas is so much per gallon. Any Ideas. I don't want to loose accts because my accts are somewhat limited and I am taking the plunge and going to try to go full time this year, but at same time I can't work for nothing. They should know that considering that one of them owned a mens clothing store and his wife currently owns a flower shop.

Sorry so long,
    Thanks again

2. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Here's what you do, rather than take the risk since you need those accounts try to fill in your route do some advertising. Lay down some nice flyers in the ares in which you alredy work as well as some new areas like new developments they are the easiest to get into. For your situation it would be better to absorb the cost, cuz it's not like your doing bad on these properties, try to get more volume! then I won't be such a big deal.

3. tfilbert

tfilbert LawnSite Member

Here's what you do, rather than take the risk since you need those accounts try to fill in your route do some advertising. Lay down some nice flyers in the ares in which you alredy work as well as some new areas like new developments they are the easiest to get into. For your situation it would be better to absorb the cost, cuz it's not like your doing bad on these properties, try to get more volume! then I won't be such a big deal.