price increases

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by jesterslawncare, Jan 10, 2006.

1. jesterslawncare

jesterslawncare LawnSite Member

Hi iam the owner of a landscape company in new jersey and i would just like to know if alot of other owners will be increasing there prices this year because of high prices of gas,steel,etc.Please respond

2. Hard Worker

Hard Worker LawnSite Member

Most of our lawns that we picked up towards the end of the mowing season I added on enough of a cushion to allow for this so I would not have to go up on them this sping unless goes back over 3 bucks.

The lawns we had before then I'm evaluating now. More than likely we will increase betweeen 5 & 7%. Some we may even cull to make room for new lawns in areas we are targeting. Always evaluating!

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I am increasing some. Many just went through a big price increase in 2005

4. TURFLORD

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

The usual buck hear, buck there. Fierce competition in my area. I like to keep my prices "in the middle".payup

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

This is the time of the year we look at each one individually and determine what (if anything) we will do. Personally, I don't care for a X% increase across the board per se.

6. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Exactly the way I am/have handled this. Our increases have ranged from as low as 10% on up to 25%. There are those that were increase at the beginning of last season and increased enough to not warrant another this coming season.

7. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Im not raising anytime soon, because im getting too many complaints already about my prices. If I do raise them it will be when I see how many new accounts we get this Spring. Im real pissed about this but I think it's the best decision for now.