Price increments

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by roscioli, Aug 31, 2001.

What increments do you price in?

1. Price in $5 increments

19 vote(s)
  2. Price in $2 increments

3 vote(s)
  3. Price in other increments

7 vote(s)
  1. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

Do you folks price in $5 increments (like me) or do you do it in other increments? For Mowing.
  2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

I price according to how long it takes to render the total time of three services: Mowing - Trimming/Edging - Blowing/Sweeping

I base my prices according to our hourly figures for each.

3. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

Kris- I figured you did it that way, but if it takes you an hour and 5 minutes, do you charge $45 or something wierd like $44.68? DO you figure it to the minute, or just to the hour or what?
  4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Depends on the customer.

But for an hour and 5min, it would be $60
    I used to keep it to an even $5 increment when I had a lot of cash customers, but now, stopping to collect cash only wastes time (5-15min chatting). So I just bill monthly. With sales tax, it always comes out to an odd number anyway.

So that $60 lawn gets billed $240 for the month (4x's) plus (6% tax) $14.40 = $254.40
  5. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

If I come up with a figure such as $44.68 I would then look at the seasonal figure (32/cuts). If it works better at $43 I might use that or if it comes out better at $45 I would use this figure.

We do have minimums when bidding. So there are several factors we consider when pricing. Its usually a matter of rounding up the figures.
  6. laserman

laserman LawnSite Member

I never know what to charge so I just say 10 bucks.
    Not really hehehheheheheh! Got that idea off here All lawns 10 bucks. hehe
  7. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

You scared me man, because there ARE people doing that and reading here (and still doing it!!!:cry: ) DUMB!

Anyway, if you are using a system where you bill by the month, you should round up to the nearest dollar.

I understand trying to round up to the $5 or $10 if your collecting cash, but if your doing that, your wasting time. Once you get a billing system started the money will end up flowing in smoother and faster for you without half of the hassle.

Good Luck!