Price List

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by WoodBrothersLC, Jul 3, 2004.

1. WoodBrothersLC

WoodBrothersLC LawnSite Senior Member

I am wondering if we could get the price list put on lawnsite.com so everyone can see how much the products cost. Hustler did this, and it will also stop the treads that ask for prices on equipment.

Thanks,
    Wood Brothers Lawn Care

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Wood,

It would certainly save me a great deal of typing. One of the reasons we don't post our complete price list is because we don't ever want to give the impression we are trying to "control" or "fix" pricing. Our management staff has always taken a fairly strong stand on anything they feel could tarnish Exmarks reputation or question our integrity. Many in our management group however have been open to discussions on this matter as of late. Time will tell what position they choose to take in the future. They just really want everyone to know that we don't try to force pricing on our end customers or our dealers.

Thanks

Terry

3. WoodBrothersLC

WoodBrothersLC LawnSite Senior Member

I think it would mainly be used for an estimate, especially for those looking to buy equipment from Exmark

Joe Wood
    Wood Brothers Lawn Care

4. robertbick

robertbick LawnSite Member

I agree with Joe Wood. I don't see how posting the MSRP could be taken as fixing prices. I think the opposite is true.

How would you know if you are getting a decent price from a dealer if you do not even know what the MSRP is? I would not buy a car if I do not know what the MSRP is AND what the dealer paid for it. Some of these mowers are the price of a small car.

I will not buy an Exmark or other mower without first knowing I received a fair deal. I would expect a minimum or 10% off MSRP or I will go elsewhere.

Bob

5. greggo

greggo LawnSite Member
    from ct

I agree with Wood. Hustler has had a very positive feedback with there MSRP prices posted.The dealers are in business to make a profit and a decent living that is fair and fine.But there are some dealers, I swear make up prices as they go (sometimes,yes somtimes well over msrp)especialy if they are the only game in town.

I know you have to look at the BIG picture(total service) when buying a unit and not shop just price,but HOW much MORE is fair to all parties involved $100,$200,$300 or more. Atleast with a posted MSRP its a starting point for the people that BUY the product.

Greg