1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Price of Fuel in 2006

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by rodfather, Feb 21, 2006.

Will fuel go over $3 a gallon again this year?

1. Yes

203 vote(s)
  2. No

66 vote(s)
  1. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Who here thinks fuel (diesel and/or gasoline) will go over $3 a gallon again this year?
  2. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

Not unless we have another katrina.
    I for one have budgeted diesel @ $2.75/gal and gasoline for $2.50/gal however.
  3. rodfather

Unfortunately, I am sure of it.
  4. rodfather

Besides the unrest in the Middle East, now Venezuela is beating their drums.
  5. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

I've planned my budget to price fuel at $4.00 per gallaon this year, after last year nothing, and I mean nothing would surprise me.
  6. The Cowboy

The Cowboy LawnSite Senior Member

I have planned for $3.50 per gallon. I hope I am wrong. The way things are going, the fuel injected mowing machines are looking attractive.
  7. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

It may go that high, but last season we were in a drought when the prices were $3 a gallon, so it didn;t affect us as bad as it could of. I was cutting about 15 lawns out of 65 a week. So my fuel cost wasn't any where near the $120per wk it would've been.
  8. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

It will likely top $3.00

We're letting all prospective (and existing) clients know that if it does, there will be a surcharge this year.
  9. palawnman

palawnman LawnSite Member
    from PA

In my mind, I dont even think that its a possibility not to go over $3 again. I am more hoping that it doesnt go over $3.5

10. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

i think it will be $3.25 per gallon.