Price of Gas Poll

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by grasswhacker, Apr 11, 2005.

Do you think gas prices will be cheaper in June than now?

1. Yes

28 vote(s)
  2. No

101 vote(s)
  3. The same

17 vote(s)
  4. Let's conquer Saudi Arabia

24 vote(s)
  1. PTOhioMower

PTOhioMower LawnSite Member

Whooo hoooooo!!!!!!

Down to $1.97!!!!!!!!

How low will it go!!!!
  2. Dixie Pro Lawn Care

Dixie Pro Lawn Care LawnSite Member

We use at least 4 times the fuel all of Europe uses though. They have a massive public transit system also which saves fuel, not to mention, they don't drive as far to work,etc. In summary, buying in bulk saves money. That is why the US is and SHOULD be charged less.
  3. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

Heard a report this morning that the national avg 2.23 per gal and that gas should fall another .25 over the summer. It is already 2.06-08 in KY so it looks like we will get that under 2.00 soon. I guess the peak may have already taken place because of speculation on oil and gas futures (and a Goldman Sachs pump), barring any other catastrophies. This means we all win since most of us raised our prices this year.
  4. PTOhioMower

PTOhioMower LawnSite Member

5. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

Who's the dreamer now?
  6. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

Gas was down to 2.09 here today, and apparantly dropping.
  7. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

Gas 1.90 per gal in KY WOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
  8. craigs lawncare

craigs lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

That would be nice, but I am guessing prices will stay right where they're at. With summer, comes demand for travel. Like family vacations and what not. Nope, I am guessing it will stay in the low $2.00 range all summer. I saw it for $2.15 per gallon this morning. Been staying there for about a month now.
    If it does go higher, I am set with a built in clause in my contracts that raises the price per cut if gas exceeds a set price per gallon.
    Ya gotta plan ahead. :)
  9. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

$2.14 in Kansas City on the Kansas side.
    $2.07 on the Missouri side.