price of installs too low in Houston area

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Landscape dawg, Jul 14, 2011.

1. I've decided the Detroit Lions are going to be my second to favorite team this year.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

If you don't know the brand of poly you installed, that's a problem right there.

3. What does that have to do with the Detroit Lions?

4. Wet_Boots

no football talk - it's baseball season

5. All Pirates All The Time

6. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

we triple clamp mains, double clamp everything else.

7. Dripit good

Dripit good LawnSite Bronze Member

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

8. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

Round here they single clamp .

To each their own , I prefer PVC , have had great results from it for 25 years
    I personally have no reason to change , there is no benifit to my business or customers.

9. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

I cant be doing it wrong ,or using the wrong poly . since I dont use poly , I use PVC . Around here they use the poly rated for 100 psi , it has problems on the higher pressure houses , this is a good thing , I am the company who solves their problem , not the company that created it . We are about 80% service , the more problems with sprinklers simply means more service work .
    I realy dont care what type of pipe, heads , valves or controller I repair . I love to meet a new customer who has a poorly designed or installed sprinkler system it just means more service work , plain and simple.

10. Wet_Boots

In any PVC area, I would have doubts on the supply houses stocking good poly pipe. In poly land, the standard utility-grade stuff is utterly trustworthy, because only good material will continue being sold in truckloads to the same suppliers.