1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Price of insurance???

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by ofishil, Jul 7, 2005.

1. ofishil

ofishil LawnSite Member
    from TX

i just got a quote of 780/yr. for liablility insurance with a 250 deductible. That is for million dollar insurance... That quote was for me being solo with no workers. She is going to call back in a couple of days for 500,000 liablility just to compare prices. I was wondering if that is in the ball park of what you guys pay.
  2. trying 2b organic

trying 2b organic LawnSite Senior Member

Thats what I pay but my deductable is 1k. Also solo.
  3. skurtz78

skurtz78 LawnSite Member

I pay $250 yr and there is no deductible on my commercial insurance. Im solo and it covers lawn care and snow removal with small snow removal equpment no big plows.
  4. The Turf Pro

The Turf Pro LawnSite Member

Dude you pay 250 a year.WHAT'S THE NUMBER AND COMPANY NAME. I was quoted 520 a year for 100k. :cool2:
  5. skurtz78

skurtz78 LawnSite Member

I believe it is Eerie group insurance. It is a new policy and I dont have the paper work here near me right now. I will try to get it to you tomorrow. It covers me for $500,000. It does not cover all of my equipment just the liability. I will be adding equipment coverage soon as I buy more equpment.

RACERB LawnSite Member

who is your insurance co? thanks brian
  7. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm paying a $350 premium for my contractor's commercial general liability insurance (1 million coverage).

I'm dishing out $440 a year for $20,000 of equipment coverage - I often wonder if it's worth it...

For whatever it's worth, Skurtz, your equipment coverage probably will not cover any rental equipment that you may use. That's extra - of course. In my case, since I don't rent a whole lot, I come out ahead by just purchasing the rental's companies add on insurance.
  8. The Turf Pro

The Turf Pro LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info guys. I've found some insurance 256.00 for 100k and 300.00 for 300k a year. :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:
  9. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Last year $1595 for $2mil plus equipment without employee coverage rate. They send me a bill at the end of the year for the extras. Same policy with different company with same agent...$1035 for $2mil and equipment. I like that much better.
    Anyway, I sleep better knowing that my coverage is $2mil. A $500,000 policy would make me worry to much.