Price of MP rotators

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by tomcl, Mar 25, 2006.

1. tomcl

tomcl LawnSite Member

Hi Guys--

Neither of my suppliers have MP rotators yet--Who makes them and what should I expect to pay for them on-line--

Thanks

2. Beartooth

Beartooth LawnSite Member

The MP is produced by Walla Walla sprinklers out of none other than Walla Walla, Washington. I am currently purchasing them for around $5.00 ea. One source for them on-line is A & H Turf. Try googling them for their website.

3. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

What spray body are you all using for your Mp Rotators?

We can get them for about $7, so after the cost of a RB 1804 you are looking at about $9.50 per head, which is in PGP territory.

4. Beartooth

We're using them typically on an 1804, however sometimes a Hunter Pro-spray. If you look at the cost of both spray body and nozzle, you are correct, a PGP or Rain Bird 5004 are very comparable in price. How would you rate the MP's overall performance?

5. jerryrwm

jerryrwm LawnSite Bronze Member

Jon, If you're paying much over $5.00 for the MPs your supplier is boning you badly. If you check around you can get them for $4.70 or so. I think Ewing sells them for $4.95.

Putting them on an 1804, my cost runs around $6.20/head.

6. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

We also get them from Ewing for around $5 each. We use them on Toro 570 bodies.

7. drmiller100

drmiller100 LawnSite Senior Member

mp's just under 4 bucks each. price each isn't really significant.
    they are quicker then gear drives to install, and adjust.
    they won't spray as far as a gear drive, but they do cover move evenly.
    and, you can run more per zone. a LOT more per zone, but you have to run them longer.

8. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Must be because you're a lot closer to Walla Walla than the rest of us? :laugh:

9. tomcl

tomcl LawnSite Member

Where can these be gotten for under 4 bucks--

Thanks

10. Beartooth

I think finding them for under $4.00 is going to be a stretch. The best pricing I have seen lately has been about$4.25 ea., and that is purchasing a significant quantity. Call A&H Turf's Irrigation division in Billings, Montana as you are in Forsyth. They will be more than willing to help you.