Price of Poly Pipe is crazy

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by greenworldh20, Mar 30, 2005.

1. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 LawnSite Senior Member

We just purchased poly pipe from the Local John Deere and the price has went UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!. Almost $40 per roll of 1x300. They said price would jump another $3 dollars tommorow!

Incredible.

Does anyone want to go half with me on a machine that makes poly pipe?

Brian

2. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 LawnSite Senior Member

so crazy i had to post it twice.

brian

3. WhohasHelios?

WhohasHelios? LawnSite Member

Yikes!!...I dont like the sound of that too much....

I guess its cuz its an oil product hey?

-Reuben

4. spoolinaround

spoolinaround LawnSite Senior Member

5. Don't feel bad, we've seen the same type of price hike for pvc also.

6. Broker

Broker LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Tony from Toledo we are placing our spring order for a semi truck load @ 31.5 per roll, want in? Today I am going to try to knock that down to 30 per roll since we go through 1500 rolls a summer.

7. Rotor-Man

Rotor-Man LawnSite Member

$31.50 for 300' roll of 1"? Wow that's a steal. Just early ordered a bunch at 15.50 per 100' for 100# NSF. Looking at crude oil prices it will probably get worse before it gets better. My supplier also raising all poly and pvc fitting prices by 12% starting 2nd week of April.

8. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

No... but how about going half on an oil drilling rig?

9. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

Time to raise prices,again , any sprinlker material made of plastic will have to go up , they are all made with oil. Fuel for the trucks and equipment, fuel to give "free estimates" , shipping cost are rising etc, etc. I anticipated the increased costs , based on the fact that crude oil prices were steadly rising when they normally drop late winter . They are stabilizing a bit now , but historically the up coming summer demand causes an increase in late April. I raised 19 % across the board for installs .

10. Broker

Broker LawnSite Senior Member

I tried to nail down the 31.5 to 30 per roll and the price goes up to 33 per roll today 4.1.05 just my luck