1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Price on 1 Acre

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Nelson, Apr 18, 2002.

1. Nelson

Nelson LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Estimate to do in the morning... It's 1 Acre all wide open no trees.. Only a liitle Gate in the back about 20'x20' for the kids can play.

I have A Toro 32" W/B. What will be a good price? I was thinking $55.00 to $60.00?

Anyone from Florida know what the going rate is? Or anyone from anywhere know is this a fair market price?

Also it is 5 minutes from where I live in a upscale area. & he is interested in a Lawn Service aggrement... 42x a year.

Thanks guys & Gals.... :D
  2. KDJ

KDJ LawnSite Senior Member

In central Florida acre lots get 40.00 to 55.00 per... 1/4 acre I can get 35.00 and up. I will take the smaller lots anyday.

JEFF ZALMANOFF LawnSite Member

in my area a yard that size is $ 30.00 to $ 40.00 PER CUT , OR $ 110.00 to $ 125.00 per month .jeff
  4. Nelson

Nelson LawnSite Senior Member

Well I am going with $2,310.00 Yearly...

$192.50 Monthly..... 12 Monthes

Jeff is that the going price in Ocala?

All depends U might have a bigger mower ?

Not knocking your price...but that seems kinda cheap.:confused:
  5. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

How long do you project that would take with a 32" with the trimming? At 80% efficiency, you can do an acre with a 32" averaging 4 MPH in 1 hour. Posted the efficiency link from Exmark's page. http://www.exmark.com/productivity.htm That is just cutting. I would have to quote a min of $50 to cut. IF you have a ton of fence to mow that would be time consuming.

Good Luck.

JEFF ZALMANOFF LawnSite Member

you said wide open yard except for a very small fenced area ,if it is extra extra tough then add $ 15.00 to$ 20.00 to price , i mow many 1 acre yards around here , most run $ 30.00 to $35.00 , i use 52 inch mower on most some i run my 72 inch mower on if its possible. around here thats about all you can get . i wish you could get more around here, when mowing acre lawns around here it gets worst $ 25.00 to $28.00 per acre jeff