price on 60" dixie chopper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Thompson Lawns, Mar 30, 2003.

1. Thompson Lawns

Thompson Lawns LawnSite Member
    from OK

I have found a 1999 60" dixie chopper flatlander 191 hours with a 25 hp Kohler and the micron filtration system. The guy wants $6000 for it and it was used non-commercially. Is this a decent price and is there anything I should look for or be aware of before purchasing this mower. It has new blades and has recently been serviced out . I have never owned a ZTR, but I have heard that these are great mowers. Thank you for any advice on this....L.T.

2. TotalCareSolutions

TotalCareSolutions LawnSite Senior Member

E-Mail me the sellers name, phone # and address and ill get back with you

3. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

the machine is 4 years old an no warranty top is 4500 !

4. lawnagent

lawnagent LawnSite Senior Member

It sounds to me like a good buy IF there was some way to verify its maintenance and the fact that it really was used non-commercial.

5. Thompson Lawns

Thompson Lawns LawnSite Member
    from OK

Thanks guys for your input I think I have made my decision.... I hope you all have a great $green$ summer......L.T.

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

That's a great deal. Dixies hold their value better than most other mowers. Since you got such a good deal on it you may want to head to your nearest Dixie dealer and have them upgrade the hydros to Velvet Touch. It'll probably run 250 to 300 but it's worth every penny.

7. wacamaster

wacamaster LawnSite Member
    from MI

$4500 sounds about right.. escpecially if you got cash for the guy. People always seem to over value their used mowers. If he really wants to sell, he'd take $4500 no prob.

8. lawnagent

lawnagent LawnSite Senior Member

So...........what was your decision?:confused: