Price on 725k grasshopper

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by graft, Nov 16, 2004.

1. graft

graft LawnSite Member

I have a chance at a 2000 725K Grasshopper.It has a 61" deck. The mower is powered by a 25 horse Kohler Command Por twin cylinder moter with 601 hours. The front tires are lug and it has dual rear tires. There are no rips or tears and the machine is in great shape. It runs and mows great. I can get it for $4000 plus or minus $200.

I know grasshopper is pretty good machine, but I was wondering if any of you professionals or people that own grasshoppers think this is fair deal. All the feedback I could get would be great.
  2. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

That's a pretty good deal i think. Is it the G1 or G2 hydro unit?
  3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

That is a good deal for a machine like that. It would cost more than twice that new and if its in good shape and been taken care of its just as good as a new one so your getting a good deal.

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

I do not know if that is a good deal or not! There is a dealer here that has one with a kubota gas engine on it for I think $4500. I will check for you if you want me too!
  5. graft

graft LawnSite Member

I don't know if it is a G1 or G2. Actually, I wasn't thinking of buying a grasshopper at all because of it's size (won't fit in my garage very well). But when I ran into this deal, I am seriously considering it. But I'm not up on the grasshopper name. I know they make a good machine, but other than that, I know nothing. I've researched about every other brand on Lawnsite.

Any information or suggestions on this would be great.
  6. PLM-1

Flip the deck up...then it's smaller than a mid-mount!
  7. zgman

zgman LawnSite Member
    from va

sent you a pm
  8. graft

graft LawnSite Member

Good point on flipping up the deck for storage, hadn't thought of that yet.
  9. PLM-1

... :cool2: ...