Price on a Crapsman

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Expert Lawns, Jan 9, 2003.

1. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

yes, i know. i cringe when i hear that word too, but bare with me...

I have an old crapsman. about 8 years old. its a rider, steering wheel and all. My dad used to mow our lawn with it before i got in the biz. He told me to sell it, its taking up space. runs great, good blades, a few scratches of course. what would one go for? is there any kind of blue book for mowers? especially old ugly ones like this?

Thanks

2. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Do what the pawnshops do to determine value of an item and check Ebay. Best of luck.

Gravely_Man

3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I'm not interested, but what size engine and deck? You'll need that info to determine a price. And is there an hour meter?

4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

$300-500 maybe, what brand engine, number of cylinders, rope or electric start, size deck, number of blades, attachments other than mower? A pic would be helpful. I am pretty good at prices for L&G tractors.
    good luck giving that thing away!!
    Eric

5. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

I'll take a look tonight. its been sitting in his garage for a few years. I'll get ya the specs. and a picture maybe.

6. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

$300

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

No, No, No...what you really mean is how much are you going to pay one of us to get it out of your garage...LOL

8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

You might send an email to lawncare3, he might be interested:D

MATT

9. Acorn

Acorn LawnSite Member

Take the motor out and use it to make another tool like a pressure washer or air compressor. You'll never get the value of even the motor if you sell it as a mower

10. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

acorn is correct but if you don't need the engine give it to a needy family?