1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

price on a job

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by eddy13, Aug 9, 2003.

1. eddy13

eddy13 LawnSite Member

I need some help pricing this job.....5 acres...., 2 acres to mow and 3 acres of light brush to clear out. I'm thinking $200 to mow and $800 to clear out. I really have no idea how to price it but I'm sure some of you guys have some suggestions. The only equipment I will have to rent is one of those heavy duty propelled bush wackers ( sorry I do not know what they are called).I'll just throw that on the bill....Input please.....
  2. eddy13

eddy13 LawnSite Member

nobody has a clue? hmmmmm..... that's a first.
  3. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

I charge $60 an acre for mowing.

Any pictures of the 3 acres? Can a Bush hog handle it, or do ya have to break out the chain saw and haul stuff away?
  4. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

5 acres is too much for me to even guess at without seeing it.2 acres mowing,200 seems a little high, JUST to mow.The brush clearing could really get ugly,If you gotta rent equipment to do it,and mabey hire help,you could loose your A on that if not bid right ,that is for sure.You really need to give more details on property and post several pictures for anyone to really help you much..:)
  5. eddy13

eddy13 LawnSite Member

sorry I don't have pictures guys, no camera yet. the acreage to be mowed is around a building and it is overgrown. Lots of weed eating to do in a drainage ditch so that is why I went $200. As for the brush clearing, it can be taken care of with one of those huge brush cutters probably. It is made up of bushes and saplings....no trees to cut. I will check tomorrow how much the equipment costs to rent. I appreciate the feedback, wish I could be more specific.