1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Price on a used Walker

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by StrawHatLawncare, Jan 31, 2006.

1. StrawHatLawncare

StrawHatLawncare LawnSite Member

I am looking at purchasing a used 20hp Walker with a 48" deck. The machine has 300 hours, is well maintained, with an asking price of $5,000. Is this a good deal? I am just starting out in the business but didnt want to mess with lower end equipment.
  2. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats sounds pretty good to me that model goes for about $9500 new, what year is it?
  3. Triple L

Triple L LawnSite Senior Member

great deal, With only 300 hours. you still got a little less than 2000 left on that machine. Why is he selling ???
  4. StrawHatLawncare

He is selling because he is getting out of the business and retiring.
  5. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

That is a very good deal. You could probably turn around and sell that machine for $6500. 300 hours aren't hardly anything. Walkers will run for ever as long as you do maintance. I assume it has the GHS? Or is it a side discharge only? This is definatly not lower end equipment. The drive boxes on that will probably last through two of the kohler motors. All the high-end landscapers have a couple to their fleet. If you decide to get another piece of equipment please give me the # because i am currently in the market for a Walker.
  6. turf dog

turf dog LawnSite Member

I would jump all over that. I paid $8300 for a new walker with a 42"ghs and a 18hp kohler, and big hopper.
  7. WalkerMike98

WalkerMike98 LawnSite Member

I you dont buy it, I will. Let us know which model and year.
  8. Triple L

Triple L LawnSite Senior Member

You got the same walker as me, what do you think of it, I would jump all over a 20 hp if I had the money. I find the 18 to be just a tad underpowered when dethatching or mowing heavy grass. I don't know, The exmark navigator is a pretty slick unit to. What year is your machine, Have you had any problems with your hydro's on your unit. Myn is in the shop right now. One hydro seems to kick in and out when going downhills. Just wondering
  9. jblawns123

jblawns123 LawnSite Senior Member

Yup sweet buy.
  10. StrawHatLawncare

Thanks for the input, I dropped off a deposit today. :drinkup: