1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

price on arbs

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by tjcezar, May 22, 2004.

1. tjcezar

tjcezar LawnSite Member
    from PA

How much $ and how much time? to plant 20 5'-6' pyrmadalis arbs (including trees themselves). Also ad some peat moss for the install. I recently did the job and am trying to see what the rest of you guys are getting.

2. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. LawnSite Senior Member

I would get the retail price of the tree + 40.00 per tree planted. Probably would use an auger on the skidsteer and be done in minumal time.

3. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

$80 per tree, my final answer.

4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Yep,$40/arb, gets it.

5. geoscaper

geoscaper LawnSite Member

I bid a job like this recently. My quote was a little over 2000. The work involved installing 20 arbs, building up the beds, mulching, etc and preparing two other planting beds for the homeowners to plant misc. perennials, roses, etc, and some minor other tasks. She called me back and said she had got a quote for $1300. I told her to jump all over that price. I also told her to make sure the guy warranties the plants, and that the plants are of good nursery stock. I'd be interested to see how that job turns out.

6. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

I had my guys throw in 4 6-7' arbs at a customers house last week, they where 80.00 a peice retail so I got 160.00 a piece, came to 640.00, took them an hour and a half to go to the nursery and plant them.

7. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

Good God. I have to raise my rate! I thought that I was doing good at $30/tree installed.

How much are 5'-6' costing? What about 4'-5'? I get 4'-5' for $15 and 5'-6' for $18.

Just curious because a lot of trees from here are heading east to the States.

8. polecat63

polecat63 LawnSite Silver Member

Just bough some 4-5" arbs here for $49 each, wholesale.

9. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

Good Gawd! No wonder I never see pics with hedges in them on here! Makes for some serious cash out lay pretty quick.

10. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

$80 a piece?
    Yikes!